Pages

The game with Ronaldo and Ballon d'Or - repentance Del Pieros


Alessandro Del Piero, Foto: Getty ImagesSydney FC striker Alessandro Del Piero has admitted that he wanted to play alongside Brazilian legend Ronaldo during his career.
"Not at all. I have no remorse. However (I regret it) whenever I lost-finals of the Champions League (1997, 1998 and 2003) went wrong, but also the European Championship in 2000 (loss in the final). I was hoping (Ballon d'Or) in 1996 after I won the Champions League and the Intercontinental Cup (World Cup for clubs). ""I played with the best in 20 years of football. It would be fun to see what would happen if you play with Ronaldo, "said 37-year-old to Gazzetta dello Sport.

Although it has suffered two defeats with the new club, Del Piero managed to score a goal for debut in the second game for the Australian team, what his specialty - cheap shot.