Pages

Jordi Alba: I don't care that my goal was offside

The Barcelona wing-back gave the world champions the lead after 12 minutes of play following an intelligent pass from Pedro, but replays showed that he was actually in an offside position when the ball was played. However, the defender is not giving too much thought to the refereeing error, as all that matters to him was that the goal eventually stood. "It doesn't matter if it was offside. The ones that go on the scoreboard are the ones that count," he was quoted as saying by AS. "It was a good bit of team play. Pedro picked me out fantastically, with his back-heel, which put me through and let me score with my right. I'm very happy with the goal. "I'm happy with how things are going, and I'm always happy to score. I'm comfortable with Spain and with Barcelona." Barcelona resume match action on Tuesday when they take on France.